Articles & Publications
At Gateway-Mumbai, we believe strongly in the direct connection that exists between nutrition and a child's capacity for learning and development.
We are happy to share with you some articles written by Kelly Dorfman on this subject, below.
About Kelly Dorfman:
Kelly Dorfman is a health program planner and nutritionist with a master’s degree in biology/nutrition and twenty-nine years of clinical experience. Her specialty is developing nutrition and lifestyle strategies to address complex health problems from autism to bone loss to rare genetic disorders. You can learn more about Kelly and her work here.
Though these articles may have been written and published some years ago, Kelly has been kind enough to revisit the ones being sent to you in order to ensure its contents are up to date and relevant.
- David vs. Goliath The Food Safety Version
- Should You Be A Vegetarian Or Meat Eater Part III
- Should You Be A Vegetarian Or Meat Eater Part II
- Should You Be A Vegetarian Or Meat Eater Part I
- A Case of Chronic Mouth Sores
- The Picky Eater
- Yeast Metabolites
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Do You Have One of the Most Common
- Calming The Brain
- EAT Program
- How Sensory Integration and Nutrition Interact
- Is your Child Malnourished?
- "The Diet" Revisited
- How Nutrition Impacts Muscle Tone
- Help! My Child Will Eat Only French fries
- The Right Supplement
- Stealing Nutrients
- Bad Mood
- Dal For Breakfast
- Fish Oils
- Fight Back
- Understanding Heavy Metal Toxicity & Chelation
- Post-Traumatic Ear Infection Syndrome
- The Leaky Gut
- Stewart, M. & Phillips, K. (1992). Yoga for Children. Vermilion
- Kranowitz, C. & Newman, J. (May 2010). Growing an In-Sync Child. Penguin Group.
- Ostovar, R. (2009). Sensory Processing Disorder. Sensory World.
- Ayers, J. (2005). Sensory Integration and the Child. Western Psychological Services.
- LoGiudice, C. & Johnson, P. (2008). Spotlight on Social Skills: Adolescent emotions.Linguisystems Inc.
- Kranowitz, C. (January, 2003).Out-of-sync child has fun.Penguin Group.
- Kranowitz, C. (2009). Out-of-sync child.Penguin Group.
- Dorfman, K. (2011)Cure your child with food.Workman Publishing Co.
- Rogers, S. (2002). Detoxify or Die.Sand Key Company, Inc.
- Dorfman, K. (2011). What’s eating your child. Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data.
- Medina, J. (2008). Brain Rules – 12 principles for thriving at work, home and school. Pear Press USA.
- Ratey, J. (2008). Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain. Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data.
- Greene, R. (1998).Explosive Child. Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data.
- Voss, A. (2011).Essential Guide to understanding Sensory Processing Disorder.CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.