Why Support Us?
- Mumbai has close to 1 million children with disabilities, while there are literally only a handful of special education needs schools catering to them.
- Every rupee donated to our Foundation will go directly towards the core activities of the school.
- The founders of the school continue to make all the capital contributions needed - land, buildings, furniture and fixtures. They have even committed to funding up to 75% of the operational deficit at present.
- All donations made to Gateway-Mumbai will receive a 50% Income Tax deduction (as per the 80G clause of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961).
General contributions give us to flexibility to allocate your funds towards the most urgent needs of the school. These might include:
1. Professional Development of our staff
We make great efforts to ensure that our team is staying current with research-based practices. We have 2-3 teams of experts visit us from the U.S. each year, and we have 1-2 teams from Mumbai visit the U.S. too. Additionally, we sponsor our team members to attend conferences and workshops on specific subjects, around the world each year.
2. Educational materials, aids and resources
Our teachers and therapists are provided with the best teaching aids and therapy resources available from around the world. We do not compromise on student safety and equipment quality.
3. Expanding our Outreach initiatives
As of 2015, we have been able to reach out and support thousands of students, more than 750 professionals from dozens of educational isntitutions, and more than 10 schools intensively, through our Outreach initiatives.
Our students pay a 50% subsidized fee at Gateway-Mumbai. Till date, not a single student has been declined admission because of financial constraints. With your assistance, we would like to continue extending our programs and services to families whose children fit our profile but cannot afford our subsidized fees.
The School undertakes thorough due diligence to verify the facts and authenticity of each application received, including a scrutiny of the family’s bank statements and Income Tax return documents, a home visit conducted by the Director of Admissions, and a personal meeting between the family and the School Founder and Head of School.
Donors receive timely updates from the school, including pictures of the students in varied school settings, the child’s Individualized Educational Plan, and his/her progress report card, three times a year.